- Information you provide to Us
- Modifications and alterations to the Website
- Applicability of Online Materials
- Limitation of Liability
- Intellectual Property Rights and Restrictions on Use
- Linked Sites
- Availability of the Website
- Hilton Services
PLEASE DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. 1.1 Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the hilton.co.uk website (“Website”) which is operated by Hilton International Hotels (UK) Limited (“Hilton”/“We”/“Us”). By accessing or using the Website you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions as they may be modified and posted from time to time. 1.2 Without prejudice to the above, by using the Website, you accept and agree to these terms and conditions of use as they apply to your use of the Website. 1.3 You may only make bookings on this Website if you can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. 1.4 The Hilton HHonors scheme is run in accordance with its own separate terms and conditions.
2 Information you provide to Us
3 Modifications and alterations to the Website
3.1 We reserve the right to make changes or corrections, alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Website, the content or services or products available through it, including your access to it. Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, any new features including new content, our provision of new products or services, or resources shall be subject to these terms and conditions. 3.2 Please note that the Website may contain typographical errors or other inaccuracies.
You are solely responsible in all respects for all use of, and for protecting the confidentiality of, any email verification number and password that may be given to you or selected by you for use on the Website. You may not share these with or transfer them to any third parties. You must notify Us immediately of any unauthorised use of them or any other breach of security regarding the Website which comes to your attention.
5 Applicability of Online Materials
5.1 Unless otherwise specified all content and materials published on the Website are presented solely for your private, personal and non-commercial use. 5.2 The Website is controlled and operated by Us from our offices in England. We make no representations that the materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who visit the Website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. If use of this Website and/or viewing of it, or use of any material or content on the Website or services, or products offered through the Website are contrary to or infringe any applicable law in your jurisdiction(s), you are not authorised to view or use the Website and you must exit immediately. 5.3 Where content published on the Website is supplied by third parties, you understand that We do not control or endorse their content in any way. All such content which is offered by third parties that are not affiliated with or otherwise connected with Us, is published in good faith but We do not in any circumstances accept responsibility for the accuracy or otherwise of such content published (on or off-line) and the use of such content.
6 Limitation of Liability
6.1 All content, materials and information on the Website are provided on an “as is” basis and you assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the Website and use of all information contained within it. 6.2 To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, We do not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to the Website or any information, service or product provided through the Website. 6.3 To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, We accept no liability for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising out of or in connection with the viewing, use or performance of the Website or its contents whether due to inaccuracy, error, omission or any other cause and whether on the part of Hilton or our servants, agents or any other person or entity. 6.4 If We are liable to you for any reason (other than death or personal injury arising from our negligence), our liability will be limited to £100. 6.5 Notwithstanding any other provision of these terms and conditions, Hilton does not attempt to exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence in any way. 6.6 You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the Website and is compatible with the Website. You also understand that We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that any material available for downloading from the Website will be free from infection, viruses and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for taking sufficient precautions and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
7 Intellectual Property Rights and Restrictions on Use
The contents of the Website are protected by international copyright laws and other intellectual property rights. The owner of these rights is Hilton, its affiliates, or other third party licensors. All product and company names and logos mentioned in the Website may be the trade marks, service marks or trading names of their respective owners, including Us. You may print individual pages of content on paper (but not photocopy them) only for the purposes of making use of our service but otherwise you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, by any means or in any manner, any material or information on or downloaded from the Website including but not limited to text, graphics, video, messages, code and/or software without our prior written consent except in order to complete any survey or questionnaire.
8 Linked Sites
We make no representations whatsoever about any other websites which you may access through the Website or which may link to the Website. When you access any other website you understand that it is independent from hilton.co.uk and that We have no control over the content or availability of that website. In addition, a link to any other site does not mean that We endorse or accept any responsibility for the content, or the use of, such a website and shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through any other web or resource. Any concerns regarding any external link should be directed to its respective site administrator or web master.
9 Availability of the Website
We will try to make the Website available but cannot guarantee that the Website will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error free. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, Website, router or any other Internet connected device.
10 Hilton Services
Details of our hotel charges, room rates (including any available special offers) and hotel terms and conditions of booking are set out on the Website and payment will be in accordance with the procedure set out in such terms and conditions . No contract will subsist between you and Hilton or any of our affiliates in respect of any services or goods offered through the Website unless and until Hilton accepts your order by e-mail or automated confirmation through the Website confirming that it has accepted your booking or order and any such contract shall be deemed to incorporate our hotel terms and conditions of booking. Any other relevant terms and conditions relating to particular services or products are set out in the Website. You undertake that all details you provide to Us in connection with any services or products which may be offered by Us on the Website (including hotel room reservations) will be correct and, where applicable, the credit or debit card which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of any services or products which you wish to purchase. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit or debit card details before providing you with any services or products.
11.1 We may assign or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions. 11.2 We may alter these terms and conditions from time to time and post the new version on the Website, following which all use of the Website will be governed by that version. 11.3 If any provision or term of these terms and conditions shall become or be declared illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such term or provision shall be divisible from them and shall be deemed to be deleted from them. 11.4 Any failure or delay by Hilton enforcing an obligation or exercising a right, under this Agreement, does not amount to a waiver of that obligation or right or any other obligation or right. 11.5 You acknowledge that they have not entered into these terms and conditions in reliance on any statement or representation, except in so far as the representation has been incorporated into these terms and conditions. You irrevocably and unconditionally waive any right you may have to claim damages and/or to rescind these terms and conditions by reason of any misrepresentation (other than a fraudulent misrepresentation) not contained in these terms and conditions. 11.6 These terms and conditions and your use of the Website are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English court.
All notices shall be given by e-mail to Us at [TBD], or to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to Us. A notice will be deemed received 24 hours after an e-mail is sent or 3 days after the date of posting.
Last updated July 2007
Personal Information We Collect
At every touch point or guest interaction, we may collect personal information. In addition to any other information you may choose to provide to us, this personal information may include: your name and contact information; date of birth; preferred communication methods; business name, title and business address; credit card details, including the three-digit code that appears on the back of your credit card; member number, frequent flyer or travel partner programme affiliation; date of arrival and departure; room and holiday preferences; travel history; and details on hotel, airline and hire car packages you book. We may also record details on joint travellers, including their names and frequent flyer numbers, and the age of the driver of the hire car. In addition we collect other personal information when you interact with Hilton in various ways such as:
- When you register for a Fast Reservations Account, we also ask you to select a username and password.
- If you choose to create an online profile for meeting and event planning (e.g., weddings), we record meeting and event specifications, the date of the event, number of guests, details of the guest rooms, and, for corporate events, information on your organisation (name, annual budget, number of sponsored events per year).
- When you enroll in our HHonors programme online, we will also ask you to indicate whether you are over 18 years old, and record a HHonors number and password. Also, when you book a Rewards Reservation or purchase HHonors Points online, we may ask for additional specific account information such as corporate account number, group or convention code, travel agent number or AAA number.
- From time to time, this site may offer a feature that allows you to send an electronic postcard or otherwise share a message with a friend. If you choose to do so, we will ask you for the recipient’s name and email address, along with the text of any message you choose to include. By using this feature, you warrant that you are entitled to use and provide us with the recipient’s name and email address for this purpose.
Use of Personal Information Collected About You
We use your personal information to provide the services you request from Hilton such as to facilitate: reservations; the purchase of a holiday package or timeshare; purchases from the Hilton To Home™; the booking of airfares and hire cars; membership in the HHonors programme; and other transactions. We also use the personal information to provide you with information about meeting and event planning and access to specific account information for administrative purposes. In addition, we may use the information to: improve Hilton’s services; provide you with the expected level of hospitality; and ensure the site is of interest to you. We also use details to send you newsletters, promotions and featured specials, and to conduct online surveys, sweepstakes, prize draws, and other contests via email, telephone or post. If you apply for employment with Hilton, we use the personal information you supply to process your job application. How We Share Personal Information As a global company, we endeavour to provide you with the same level of service that you have come to expect at Hilton whether you are in San Francisco, London or Tokyo. To provide this service, we may share your personal information with other members of the Hilton Family of companies, franchisees, managed hotels or service providers that may be located in countries outside of your own. Although the data protection laws of these various countries may not be as comprehensive as those in your own country, Hilton will take appropriate steps to ensure that your personal information is handled as described in this Policy.
- Hilton Family of companies: We may share personal information within the Hilton Family of companies that may jointly use the personal information for the purposes described above. Hilton Hotels Corporation is the party responsible for the management of the jointly used personal information.
- Franchised Hotels, Managed Hotels, Timeshare and Fractional Resorts: We may share personal information with franchised hotels, hotels that we manage but do not own, timeshare or fractional resorts in order to provide you with services.
- Electronic Billing Programme: If you participate in the "eFolio programme", billing information will be shared with the credit card provider and if you use a corporate credit card, possibly, your employer.
- Group Events or Meetings: If you visit Hilton as part of a group event or meeting, information collected for meeting and event planning may be shared with the organisers of those meetings and events, and, where appropriate, guests who organise or participate in the meeting or event.
- Business Partners: From time to time we may partner with other companies to provide co-sponsored or co-branded promotions, products and services and may share your information with our co-sponsor. For example, we may co-sponsor some sweepstakes, prize draws, competitions or contests on our site with other companies or we may provide prizes for sweepstakes and contests sponsored by other companies. If you enter one of these sweepstakes or contests, we may share your information with our co-sponsor or the third party sponsor.
- Onsite Services: We may share personal information with providers of onsite services that provide services such as spa treatments, golf or dining experiences at a restaurant.
- Service Providers: We rely on service providers to provide certain products and services, such as credit card billing, reservations services, and administering the HHonors, Hilton Grand Vacations Club and The Hilton Club programmes, providing services in connection with our websites, including airline and hire car packages, communicating news and delivering promotional and transactional materials via email and direct mail, processing credit card transactions, data hygiene and enhancement services and administering sweepstakes, prize draws, competitions and customer surveys for which it is necessary to provide personal information. Hilton will disclose personal information to service providers as appropriate.
- Business Transactions: As we develop our business, we might sell, buy, restructure or reorganise businesses or assets. In the event of a merger, consolidation, sale, liquidation or transfer of assets, Hilton may, in its sole and absolute discretion, transfer, sell or assign information collected, including without limitation, non-personal information and personal information, to one or more affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
- Other: In addition Hilton may disclose personal information, with or without prior notice to you, in order to: (i) comply with applicable laws; (ii) respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities; (iii) comply with valid legal process; (iv) protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Hilton, site visitors, guests, employees or the public; (v) permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; (vi) enforce our Site Usage Agreement; and (vii) respond to an emergency.
The term "sensitive information" refers to information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership. We do not generally collect sensitive information unless it is volunteered by you. We may use health data provided by you exclusively to serve you better and meet your particular needs.
Personal Information From Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Protecting Personal Information
Hilton will take appropriate measures to: (i) protect personal information collected against unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, and (ii) keep personal information accurate and up-to-date, consistent with applicable law. We also seek to require our affiliates and service providers to exercise reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of personal information about you. For online transactions, we use technology to protect the personal information that you transmit to us via our site. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure. For your own privacy protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive personal information in any emails you may send to us. Please do not send credit card numbers or any sensitive personal information to us via email.
Changing Personal Information
If you have registered for a Fast Reservations Account, the information you provided to us at the time of registration may be accessed, reviewed and updated at any time by signing in using your Username (or HHonors number) and Password (or PIN), and clicking on "my profile". To the extent required by applicable law, you may be able to request that we inform you about the personal information we maintain about you and, where appropriate, request that we update, correct, and/or suppress personal information about you that we maintain in our active database. We will make all required updates and changes within the time specified by the applicable law and, where permitted by law, may charge an appropriate fee to cover the costs of responding to the request. Such requests must be submitted in writing to the following address: Hilton Customer Privacy Department, 5001 Spring Valley Road, Suite 400-W, Dallas, Texas 75244, USA. To protect your confidentiality, we can only respond to such requests to the email address that you have registered or otherwise provided to us. Please remember that if you make such a request, we may not be able to provide you with the same quality and variety of services to which you are accustomed. In addition, in some circumstances based on applicable law, you may request that we cease sharing personal information about you with our business partners or that Hilton cease the use of personal information about you on the grounds that such personal information was acquired by unjust means or used in violation of law by sending your written request to Hilton Customer Privacy Department, 5001 Spring Valley Road, Suite 400-W, Dallas, Texas 75244, USA. We will seek to honour those requests consistently with applicable law.
Retaining Personal Information
We retain personal information about you for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
Choices - Marketing Lists
If you have given us your contact information (postal address, fax number, email address or phone number), we may want to inform you about our services or invite you to events by email, telephone or post. If you prefer NOT to receive marketing materials from us, you may change your preferences at any time by: (i) sending us an email to email@example.com; (ii) writing to us (and include your email address) at Hilton Customer Privacy Department, 5001 Spring Valley Road, Suite 400-W, Dallas, Texas 75244, USA; or (iii) using the unsubscribe function in the email you receive from us. We will update your preferences as soon as reasonably practical. Please note, however, that if you "opt out" as described above, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of affiliates, franchisees or business partners with which we have already shared your personal information (i.e., to which we have already provided your personal information as of the date of your opt-out request).
- If you submit an online "pre-application" for timeshare or if you submit a reservation request online, we may be required to ask you to provide your annual income range. If you create an online account for members of Hilton Grand Vacations Club and/or The Hilton Club, we may also ask you to provide your member number, the last four digits of your phone number, and a self-selected password.
- If you are interested in obtaining more information about franchisee opportunities, we may also collect information about your specific interests, such as brand, type of ownership and information about your property type such as current ownership, size of parcel, location of parcel, number of rooms, height limitation and time frame for planning or acquisition.
- If your U.S. company is a Women’s/Minority Business Enterprise interested in participating in Hilton’s Supplier Diversity Programme, you may complete the Supplier Diversity Profile Application Form online. If you choose to apply, you will be asked to provide information about your company and its principals, including the principal’s name, address, email address, ethnicity, contact person’s name and email address, company’s tax identification number and legal structure, and evidence of Women’s/Minority Business Enterprise certification.
- Special Notification for California Residents:
Individual customers who reside in California and have provided their personal information to the Hilton Family of companies may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following addresses: CA_Privacy@Hilton.com or Hilton Hotels Corporation, Attn: Guest Assistance, 755 Crossover Lane, Memphis, TN 38117. Within thirty days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other
- If your U.S. company is a Women’s/Minority Business Enterprise interested in participating in Hilton’s Supplier Diversity Program, you may complete the Supplier Diversity Profile Application Form online. If you choose to apply, you will be asked to provide information about your company and its principals, including the principal’s name, address, email address, ethnicity, contact person’s name and email address, company’s tax identification number and legal structure, and evidence of Women’s/Minority Business Enterprise certification.
We may modify this Policy from time to time. When we make material changes to this policy we will post the revised policy on our site. You can tell when this Policy was last updated by looking at the date at the top of the Policy. Any changes to our Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the site. Use of the site following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect.
If you have any questions about this Policy or how Hilton processes your personal information, please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Hilton Customer Privacy Department, 5001 Spring Valley Road, Suite 400-W, Dallas, Texas 75244, USA.